Wednesday 8 January 2014

Delayed Gratification “Game”

I’m not particularly patient… I’m rather very impatient. I rarely resist temptations and often lose in many “games”… The only delayed gratification “game” I manage to play, is with films. 

When I first went to London, I took several films with me from Georgia… I was a poor student, as everyone else is (or pretend to be), in London. So I shot  on those films but did’t develop them until I came back home for holidays… By then, I had already forgotten what I had shot and it almost felt like looking at somebody else’s pictures… And then I liked the idea and it turned into a cool game - I buy films in Georgia, bring them with me to London, shoot and collect, bring them back home and develop them here… 


Shooting on film is a delayed gratification anyway, as you don’t see the result right away  but imagine the feeling of collecting all these shots for months and then “discovering” them all together… It is worth a while… 

These are few pictures taken between July and December 2013.
















No comments: