Friday 3 January 2014

Shooting Bjork

I’m always very successful at sneaking in my camera at gigs where it’s prohibited to take pictures. I like that for two different reasons. Firstly, I like the idea of going against the rules - it’s quite thrilling and secondly, as a photographer I like to capture things I like… And gigs I go to, I usually like… 

But it is true that most of the time you end up watching the whole thing through your camera/smartphone screen rather than just enjoying the event… 

“Please don’t take pictures… I want you to fully experience the concert,” - was Bjork’s request on her live in London… (The wording was definitely not exactly the same). 

Of course I did have my camera with me but I took film camera as it's smaller and I didn’t have my smartphone so I have to admit that I enjoyed her concert more than any other live concerts I’ve been before with my digital camera covering my face and occupying my hands.  I took very few shots and I’m sharing a couple of them with you… 

Bjork. London, Alexandra Palace, September 3, 2013.
The concert was obviously not today but today was quite dull and painful and I didn’t shoot any pictures so forgive me for cheating but it will happen sometimes.

Bjork's Biophilia Tour in London

This morning I read an article: “To Really Remember Something, Don’t Take Pictures Of It”  It's an interesting idea but I both agree and disagree with some bits. 

No comments: