Friday 18 April 2014

Williamsburg - New York's Hipsta

Call me a hipster lover or a beard-guys lover or girls in weird outfits lover or graffiti lover or messy-arty-looking area lover but that's where I live in London -  Dalston and that's what Williamburg - one of my favourite areas in NY - looks like..

After visiting Reuters bureau on Times Square (boringest area) I took a subway to Williamsburg with Lucas, our photographer who also lives there.. He gave me instructions where to go and how to eventually end up in the starting point and then find Alligator Lounge where I was meeting Ani and Eti later... (On a separate note - at Alligator Lounge if you buy a drink, you get a free Pizza. Pizza is  baked in a wooden oven and is very tasty, honestly.) It's Williamsburg, maan!

I went wandering and wondering... On a cold sunny April day...


If you look up, standing on "The Moon Walker", you see shoes hanging. I know you've seen it a lot but perhaps not in Williamsburg...


Huge abandoned objects and colors colors colors and mood...





I noticed a huge vintage shop and sneaked in...


There was a "mall" and I entered just to look around... I shot one picture only....


Some human beings... No beardy guys or anything... Not everyone has a beard you know...











After having whiskey (not on rocks) and pizza at the Alligator Lounge, we went to a gay bar... The most exciting thing was this guy on the right, whom I dedicated a separate short post...



No comments: