Saturday 26 April 2014

Coney Island

I woke up early and it was raining. "No Coney Island," - I thought and went back to sleep... I was disappointed as I didn't want to leave without getting close to the water...

"But there's nothing there, just a couple of attractions..." -  they, local Georgians, kept telling me... They hate Coney Island... And perhaps don't understand why it could be interesting for me - "For the rides and attractions?..." Eventually, Eti was kind enough to keep me company..

So when I woke up again it wasn't raining any more and I spent my last morning in NY on the beach, barefoot, but that was just about it... Ocean was bloody freezing...



Her red something on her head...


She must have been 100 or so...


Some hipstas on the beach...


So badly shiny...






It was full of people as weather turned out to be very nice.. Lots of tourists and I guess lots of locals as well...








And many Russians... I wonder if Putin has already though about it?!... You can't really see but this "dedushka" is reading a Russian newspaper...


This must be a breathtaking experience.. Perhaps one day I will try it to prove to myself that I'm not as scared of height as I think I am.. Or at least to overcome it...


Back to Brooklyn to get ready for the flight...







No comments: