Sunday 13 April 2014

Harlem of NYC

"There's nothing interesting in Harlem," they told me.
"I still want to go", I said to them. 
And so we went to Harlem. I think I missed out on lots of stuff as we took an already explored (secure) route but I could still feel the difference between where I live in the city and Harlem.

New york has its smell, good and bad but its own smell.. It has its own sound. I haven't listened to music since I arrived here, I'm listening to the city. Different parts of the city sound different. And Harlem actually sounded very quiet, that's why I think I missed out on real Harlem but it was still a very nice walk and a very different feel. Believe it or not but it scared me less than the midtown of the city. 











And we walked to The Cloisters, to a hill overlooking Hudson river and the Washington bridge. There was a wedding there. Told you, the feel is so much different in this part of the city





The park is nowhere similar or as huge as Central Park but perhaps more interesting and genuine than overcrowded with tourists and their entertainers Central Park. 









No comments: