Friday 11 April 2014

First Time You See it - the NYC

First impression is the first impression and it never feels the same again.


I left the hotel in the morning, alone, heading from the midtown to downtown Manhattan. What you must consider is that the creator has not created anything with as bad sense of direction as mine and I have no internet on my phone, so no maps. Ani explained how the street numbers and avenue numbers work and I left with a hard copy of a map. But I quickly figured it out, perhaps that's why I loved this city.



I walked through Times Square, by Thomson Reuters building, had a sudden thought to perhaps enter it but quickly changed my mind - "not on the very first day of my holiday, please"... and then I bumped into naked cow-GIRL. And the guy bumped into her as well...


I quickly realised how to cross streets. Unlike London, people do not bother here that much with traffick lights - if you see no car, GO! I quickly got into it, so much that sometimes I do dangerous things but alive so far... BTW, am I imagining or is the way of cab-hailing really different in this city? (the cab-hunting is a whole different subject, we know that)...



I think this is the city you must explore alone on the first day. I guess it's pretty cool to be taken to already discovered places by people who know them well but it's so much cooler discovering them on your own.

I wandered around Chelsea area...



I found Chelsea Hotel, which is under construction, so they didn't let me upstairs. I stood there for a little while, trying to persuade the reception guy to let me have a look but he said, there are dogs upstair and they will eat me, but I could come back over the weekend when the boss is gone (boss is dog?)...



I continued down to Greenwhich village,  by Washington park



Then by accident found Gay street had a very nice cold coffee at Whynot...



Then I just wandered around West village.
Bumped into this guy.
- Are you an artist?
- Yes..
- What do you do?
- A little bit of everything... Chocolate for a living...
















First day discoveries :
They are totally in love with dogs


I so love this fire stairs outside the houses...


Who said NY and London are similar?! They are NOT!


No comments: