Monday 3 March 2014

Mother's Day

Spoke to my mom this morning to say Happy Mother’s day and she very gently asked me to start thinking about getting married! (Good start…)
Few minutes after that, following a random conversation about something, one of my childhood friends asked me if I’m going to have a child but most importantly - HOW, how am I planning to have one?! (Good follow-up question, isn't it? One might even think, they planned it) You would love to know how the conversation went on but I'm going to keep it secret. 
You know what?! Happy mother’s day, happy moms, but perhaps there are people who think that it’s not the most important thing in life to get married and to have children. It's not an obligation, it is a choice. 
I even think that (generally speaking) life is much more exciting without those women's "most essential roles" of a wife and a mother (bullshit, of course). I am not excluding a possibility of being a mom one day but now, being in my twenties and discovering how amazing life actually is, I really don't need to be responsible for another life.
I've got a great mom though and I'm happy she didn't think the same :)  





No comments: